WE LOVE MUSIC
The following two days Creative Nomads had the pleasure of attending Rico Love’s "We Love Music Conference," and the theme was, “The Gift Is In You” and “The Era of Effort.” Featured speakers included industry professionals Edward Long, Paris Kirk, Bryan Michael Cox, Marchella Araica, Mase, Big Krit, & producers Danja, & D Town.
The speakers touched on some key topics including:
• The Era of Effort
• Who are You without Your Gift
• Evolution of R&B
• Engineering Music
• The Art of Song
The panels were insightful and impactful. Below are some takeaways , hopefully something will grab you, but we encourage you to attend the next We Love Music Conference with Rico Love... You wont be disappointed!
The Era of Effort ( feat. Rico Love)
This session focused on the importance of having depth as an creator. This session also discussed why mediocrity is damaging and why we must never settle.
• The goal should never be to get in the game but to change the game.
• Don’t want catchy want timeless.
• Anything worth having is with developing.
• Value your time.
• Develop & educate yourself at all times.
• Who are you as an artist? (What is the experience ?)
• You have to be consistent with your delivery.
• Depth comes with experience.
• When you have depth, you can afford to be patient.
• Don’t rush the process.
• Don’t move until it’s right.
• Your depth is your currency.
• If potential is not elevated, it’s not enough.
• Make the perception so vivid it becomes a reality.
• Create the movement.
• Challenge yourself.
Who are You without Your Gift? (feat. Edward Long)
This session force us to examine our hearts and mind honestly. With a moment of transparency we were asked challenging questions like: What is your gift ? What is the difference between your talent & your gift ? What do you want to be better with ?
• The gift is inside you
• Your gift is intertwined with your spirit.
• Do you know what your gift is?
• Your gift is different from your talent.
• Your life is calling you.
• Your start isn’t your fault.
• Be willing to do what no one else is willing to do.
• Bring goodness, excitement, love, and creativity.
• Your gift is not for you. Your gift will make room for you.
• The room your gift makes is for you to give.
• Have you been getting in your own way?
• God will not do for you what you can do for yourself.
• Learn to give things that are too much to God.
Spotify (feat. Paris Kirk)
This session explored what is Spotify ? How do I get my music on Spotify ? What is Spotify for artist ? What are Analytics & how do I make them work for me ?
• You never know who your next client may be.
• Be useful!
• Identify where you are strong, and grow.
This session explored What is a manager ? What is the role of a manger? How to be a successful manager.
• Understand Value
• Bring value to the game.
• It’s not just about the music. As a manager you build brands.
• Learn the value of networking.
• Have a recipe.
• Music you feel, go back too.
• Music is a vehicle.
• Music connects the dots to people’s heart.
• Music is a vibe.
• Understand paperwork.
Panel discussion (feat Big Krit, Mase & B. Cox)
This session explored what is a production deal ? What are split sheets ? What are performing right organizations? The formula for a hit record.
• You have to want to be the best in the room.
• When you want to be great, there is no neutral.
• It’s about how bad you want it.
• Stay on top of your business.
This event was not only impactful & educational but transformational. Although I have been to many conferences and seminars, this one felt very different. It felt very inclusive. I enjoyed having the opportunity to ask questions and meet all of the panelists. Leaving the conference, I felt empowered & charged up, I met new people, created new bonds, and expanded my network with other creatives and future moguls. I can not wait to attend this event next year! Make sure to join us and #BeInTheRoom!
If you attended or have some comments feel free to interact below!